Thursday, June 21, 2012

My travail is endorsed by God, I ‘ll be vindicated – Farouk Lawan



“I think it is important to note that I have been a member of the House of Representatives for the past 13 years, of course together with several other colleagues of mine, past and present, and we have done so much to build the House of Representatives. It means that I should enjoy the respect and confidence of Nigerians.
“Whatever decision is taken by the House, I believe is meant to ensure the credibility of the institution because as members, we must at all times recognize that the institution is bigger than each and everyone of us. It is an institution that belongs to this country, that Nigerians look up to for legislation, oversight responsibilities and for responsive representation.”
“It is an institution that must continue to give hope and confidence to the Nigerian people. So, whenever any issue arises to

more after the jump

 question any particular member’s standing, it is important to recognize that the institution itself is bigger than anyone of us.
“So, the decision of the House of Representatives is a collective decision of the institution and I have absolutely no problem with that decision. As far as the issue as it relates to me is concerned, I believe ultimately, I will be vindicated.
“I just urge Nigerians to continue to be patient, I have not spoken on the issue for strategic reasons, but I believe in the end Nigerians will come to believe and see that the 13 years that I have invested in championing good governance, responsibility and probity in this country and that this last trial is a trial from God and I believe in the end we shall prevail.”
Meanwhile, the House has said that Otedola is as guilty as Lawan in the bribery scandal.
Embattled House of Reps member Farouk Lawan responding to news men.

Source