Friday, April 27, 2012

Girl With Extremely Long Hair sells It For $5,000

Before the hair cut

After the hair cut


Remember the story I gisted you guys about Natasha Moraes de Andrade here. Well someone with the money has finally come out to cut her hair and paid a decent price for it. 

Recounting her story to The Dailymail.....
'I cried at first when I was at the hairdressers to get it cut,' she says.
'I was afraid I wouldn't like it, and I was also scared I might not get the money I wanted for it.

'Getting it cut has given me a new life. I used to be afraid every time I went out that someone would grab my hair or try to cut it off, but now I can do a lot of things which I couldn't do before.

'Now I'm

more after the jump


having cycling lessons, and I've got my freedom back. I much prefer it. I want to learn English and Spanish, and I've been able to go to the beach and swim without being afraid of getting my hair wet.'

Her mother Catarina said: 'I never put her under pressure to get it cut, but she was like a prisoner and wanted to do the things other girls her age do.

'It has given me back some freedom as I used to spend so much time looking after her hair.'

The family is now able to switch the fan on in the house, something previously impossible as Natasha's 5ft2in hair would get caught in it.

Natasha had never cut her hair since she was a baby, and others complimented her on her mane of thick, chestnut hair.

Now it is as long as it was when she was just four years old.

The family now plans to build a new house in the same shanty town, this time with a room for Natasha with windows which will be fit for a princess.

She may have short hair now but Natasha's old fame as Rapunzel continues at school where everyone still uses the nickname.

'I thought it would stop when I had it cut, but people still stop me in the street. If I had a daughter of my own, she would also be a princess, but she would be Snow White, not Rapunzel. That would be much more practical,' she said