Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nigerian Transgender Comes Out Tops In Beauty Contest..........Clinched First Runner Up Position






Mr Oche is a transgender who is now known as Miss Sahhara. He participated in the 2012 edition of Miss International Queen, a competition that is held in Thailand yearly (the most watched transgender competition) and eventually became the first runner up.
When asked why he chose to represent her birth country, she explained ...
''I was very feminine when I was growing up and often got harassed and beaten up badly ... the terrible memories flood back when I look at the scars all over my body ... We are
more pics after the jump


called a crude name that translates loosely into faggot and are forced to live underground ... I am living my life openly as a woman. I am very happy … I decided to travel to Thailand to enter this competition not to win but to show suppressed transgender people in Nigeria that they too can make their dreams come true"
The 26 year old who currently resides in the UK expressed her displeasure over being called names like transvestite, transsexual or transgender. ''I am a woman. That's it. He lost out to the contestant representing Thailand.